The Junior Leadership program encourages children from the age of 10 to take the first steps to be our future leaders. Students younger than 10 can join the program on the recommendation of the senior leadership team. Students will learn the following:
- Teach a warm up.
- Be competent in all their syllabus up to their current rank.
- Able to recite junior promise and principles.
In addition, students will be expected to:
- Regularly assist in class.
- Assist in gradings.
- Show the good mannerisms of a Martial Artist.
All those on the Junior Leadership program will need to purchase a new uniform which will be a red top with black trousers for which there will be a charge. There will not be any additional fees for joining the program.
As part of this change we are no longer appointing team leaders and hence will no longer be issuing black trousers. Juniors who have black trousers will be able to continue to wear them and will need to purchase the Junior Leadership uniform when they join the program.
Adult team leaders who have not passed their Assistant Instructor Qualification by September 2018 will have to revert to white trousers.
In summary where a member of the school is not in white uniform:
- Black uniform with full gold piping – School owner
- Black uniform with partial gold piping – Head Instructor
- Blue uniforms – Qualified Assistant Instructors (14 years old and above)
- Red & Black uniforms – Junior Leadership students