Another year is rapidly coming to an end. Wishing you all an enjoyable and safe Festive Period from all of the instructors in Enfield CKD Schools. Let us hope that next year is a more normal year.
Dec 7th – Sabrina Sang Dec 8th – Jakub Lucaszewicz – 10yrs old Dec 9th – Mrs Michelle Tailor Dec 17th – Chetan Beeharry – 10yrs old Dec 18th – Ms Malia Tailor – 18yrs old
Lockdown Zoom Classes
🎉🤗🥰 Firstly all the instructors would like to say a big thank you to Mala who allowed us to use her community’s Zoom account for running these classes. Without her generosity the classes wouldn’t have run as smoothly. 🥰🤗🎉
Hopefully we will now be able to train in both halls but if we do need to hold some more Zoom classes then we’d ask, with the current sales on, if you can look to invest in improving your set up.
– If using a phone then think about investing in a phone tripod
– For a tablet or phone then something like this. Which will keep them stable and also allow correct angling for the camera.
– Some modern TV’s allow screen mirroring which is another option.
Licence & Insurance
Please ensure that you renew your CKD Licence and NAKMAS Insurance on time.
– The CKD Licence will have the issue date and so will expire 1 year after that date
– The NAKMAS Insurance will have the expiry date. NAKMAS have requested that we complete their form from their site. The link is here.
Please contact Mr Tailor if you have any queries about your License or Insurance.
Restart of Training at Southgate 🤗🎉
We’re pleased to announce that training will restart at Southgate School on Thursday 3rd December and will run for the following 2 Thursdays finishing on Thursday 17th December.
Restart of Training at Turkey St 🎉🤗
We’re hoping to restart on Sunday 6th December finishing on Wednesday 16th December.
December Dan, Tag and Colour Belt Testing
The next testing will be held on Sunday 20th of December where we will be looking to hold
Black Belt Dan Testing
Black Belt Tag Testing
Colour Belt Testing
Timings will be sent out nearer to the testing date. Students who are eligible based on the number of classes attended will be reviewed over the first 2 weeks in December. Hence it’s very important that you make every effort to attend the classes held in the halls.
Please note that we will be very strict on students knowing and executing their techniques to a high standard. To that end we encourage students to re-read their testing cards and make the corrections especially those of a senior rank.
Please check your Testing Status to see if you have attended enough classes to be eligible.
Training fees – please revert back to your normal amount with payment on the 1st of the Month.
Late Payment of Fees
A reminder that late fees will incur an additional £5 for each person.
If you are not currently training but wish to remain on our register there is a minimum £5/month to cover registration fees or you can elect to be archived. Note that there will be a £20 administrative fee to reactivate your membership.
Now that the running of classes has settled into a routine it will allow us to start running Intro classes again. If you know of anyone that is interested then please ask them to follow the instructions on our Booking page.
Don’t forget to join our referral program! For every new student that joins through your recommendation you get a FREE grading! Please let me know if you want any leaflets. Pil Seung!
Feedback for Students
It’s important as a School to ensure that there is a process that allows the Instructors, Students and Parents to provide and receive feedback especially as we can no longer accommodate for parents to view their children training. To that end we will start using a feedback form which will be provided to the student with a wallet.
Students need to
– bring the wallet to each class
– ensure that their parent/guardian reads and signs to say they have read the feedback
– store the last testing card in the wallet
Instructors need to
– ensure that they provide constructive feedback
– read and sign to confirm that they have read any feedback from parents/guardians
Use Of Turkey St and Southgate Halls
Covid-19 rules for ECKD
– For Southgate School students 11 years old and over are required to wear a mask whilst going through the corridors. 😷