Jun 1st - Ediz Yalcin - 9yrs old Jun 1st - Raman Venkatesh - 15yrs old Jun 5th - Sabrina Syed - 11yrs old Jun 7th - Tia Mayers - 12yrs old Jun 15th - Charlie Mills - 12yrs old Jun 23th - Zahra Miah - 9yrs old Jun 23th - Mala Shah Jun 24th - Deepa Beeharry - 7yrs old
We'd like to extend a warm welcome to Lashia, Mala, Lauren, Ethan, Claire, Charlie, Thomas, Harry and Marco who've joined our school in May. 👏😄
Colour Belt Testing
Another successful grading held on Tuesday 28th May 2019, with a 100% pass rate.
However, that said we were disappointed in the standard of some of our junior students. We will be putting measures in place so that we are 100% confident that they will pass the next testing. This may include waiting longer.
We would also encourage all our junior student to train for at least 5-10 mins each day on their current and previous syllabi to ensure they are competent to grade.
Adults, you did an amazing job!
If you have been promoted to White belt senior, then don’t forget to purchase your dipped foam hand safety like these from Blitz.
Black Belt Dan Testing on Sunday 9th June. 🥋
Summer BBQ on Saturday 29th June from 4:30pm to celebrate 16yrs of Enfield CKD and 25yrs of Mr Tailor training CKD – Its a free event for students and direct family, all we ask is that you bring a small dish. 🍗
Good luck to all our students who are still taking exams in June. 👩💻👨💻
Self Defence Classes
Watch out 5th of June for photos of our self defence class for the Rainbows and Brownies. 😊
Bank Holiday Monday proved to be a very busy day for some of the students and Instructors as we were asked to put on a small Demonstration at the N21 Festival.
Not only did we put on a Demo but we also had a very busy stand! Between everyone who attended we probably spoke to 50 people! We even had our Master Tigress out to entertain!
A huge thank you to everyone who came down and supported.
Students are encouraged to send video clips via WhatsApp of their practice at home to Mr Tailor for review and feedback.
Students can check whether they are on target to have attended enough classes to qualify for their next testing by checking on the Testing Status page.
- a green shade indicates that the student is on target
- an amber shade with a number indicates the number of classes the student will be short by, for which they are encouraged to make up the shortfall using the other classes available in the week
- a red shade with a number indicates that the student is short by more than 2 classes and may be best to aim for the following testing
There have been some recent updates to the calendar. If you use Google or Android then you will have to manually force the refresh as by default it doesn't refresh. Note that Google will only return the copy of the calendar it holds so deleting and re-adding the calendar will not work unless you modify the URL to fool Google.
1. Open Google calendar and click on the settings icon which is normally along the top and looks like a cog or click on this link.
2. Scroll down until you get to the calendar you've already added and select it.
3. There will be an option now to unsubscribe. Choose this to remove the calendar.
4. Copy the URL from the list below to replace the calendar that you removed. Please include the '?1' as this fools Google into thinking it's a new URL. The number will need to change next time you refresh the calendar.
5. Go to the option in Google calendar to add a calender from URL or click on this link. Paste in the URL and click on Add Calendar. Hopefully this will bring in the updated calendar.
All Students should subscribe to the below calendar:
Please see Mr Mistry if you've not been able to do this.
The school has gone cashless in an endeavour to reduce the overhead of processing cash (and cheques). Details are on the Payment of Fees page.
Quote of the month
"However many holy words you read, however many you speak, what good will they do you if you do not act upon them?"
After School Club
If you feel your child's school would benefit from having Choi Kwang Do as an after school club then please discuss this with the SLT. Note that we will need contact details at the school to progress setting up a club.